|Academic||Sutta Name||Notes||PSA Plae||Vagga||Nikaya||PTS||Keywords|
|AN.IV.228||Ahirika Sutta||Those possessing the following four traits bring destruction and damage to the fool [bala] and makes him receive blame from the wise and attracts demerit to him: |
1. having no shame of evil [ahirika];
2. having no faith;
3. having no self-discipline [dussiila], and;
4. having no fear of the consequences of evil [anottappa].
However, those possessing the following four virtues protects the wise one from destruction and damage, from criticism by the wise and attracts much merit to him:
1. having shame of evil [hirika];
3. having self-discipline, and;
4. having fear of the consequences of evil [ottappa].
|35/579a||Catukanipaata Unallocated Pa.n.naasaka||A"nguttara||A.ii.|