|Academic||Sutta Name||Notes||PSA Plae||Vagga||Nikaya||PTS||Keywords|
|AN.IV.219||Ahirika Sutta||The following are modes of behaviour which are ignoble: |
1. having no shame of evil [ahirika];
2. having no faith;
3. having no self-discipline [dudssiila], and;
4. having no fear of the consequences of evil [anottappa].
By contrast, the following are modes of behaviour which are noble::
1. having shame of evil [hirika];
3. having self-discipline, and;
4. having fear of the consequences of evil [ottappa].
|35/571a||Catukanipaata Unallocated Pa.n.naasaka||A"nguttara||A.ii.|